Accomplished digital strategist specializing in visual design and UX. Well-versed in product development and digital marketing. Exceptional and unique skill in developing and executing strong, coherent, and user-centered solutions.
Various Clients // New York, NY // 05.2010 - Present
FREELANCE DIGITAL ART DIRECTOR & DESIGNER
Develop interactive experiences for various clients from start-ups to large companies. Resource, time and budget management, strategy, UX, art direction, hands-on design, concept, look & feel, and digital marketing strategy.
Oh, How Civilized // New York, NY // 05.2012 - Present
Content creator of food and travel blog, OhHowCivilized.com. Digital marketing, strategy, UX, photography, recipe development, and creative direction.
Reader's Digest Association // New York, NY // 01.2009 - 04.2010
Led design strategy, UX, and direction for content and ecommerce products including PurposeDriven.com and Reverse Diabetes. Created interaction, visual, and photo department from ground up. Ideation to execution.
- Directed day-to-day operations of the digital design team, including setting priorities, assigning resources, and ensuring project goals and deliverables were met.
- Partnered with Social Media Director to create and execute social media marketing efforts.
- Set standards, best practices, and developed effective processes.
- Hired, directed, and budgeted a team of seven freelance designers and photo editors.
Time Inc. Interactive // Time Inc. // New York, NY // 2003 - 2008
Managed interaction and visual design resources and workflow for over 20 online brands including People, InStyle, and Time. Involved with all phases of the project lifecycle with focus on Product, UI, and Visual Design.
- Concept development for prototypes.
- Ran in-house usability test lab.
- Increased efficiency and communication by building centralized online hub.
- Managed roadmap, delegated projects, and weekly status reports.
People Magazine // Time Inc. // New York, NY // 2000 - 2003
Led design to successfully translate People magazine's branding to the web. Responsible for all phases of the design process including layout design, photo selection, color correcting and image optimization. Collaborated with marketing team to create ads and promotional materials.
PhotoShop / Illustrator / InDesign / Acrobat Pro / MS Office / MS Project / Google Analytics / HTML / CSS
Certificate in Digital Media Marketing
Certificate in Web Development Intensive
New York University // New York, NY
Master of Professional Studies in Design Management
Pratt Institute // New York, NY
Bachelor of Arts in Electronic Design, Imaging and Multimedia
City College of the City University of New York // New York, NY